Friday, September 24, 2010

Skin: Pores No More

Fashion requires great skin = fact. As an adolescent I hardly had what you would call "good" skin even; though as an adult it has improved ten-fold. Last year, I started a mission to ensure that I look ten years younger than I do for every year I get older when I pass the age of 30. Skin is a big deal to me. Once I find things that work for me, I continue to use those products, but I'm always on the look out for new formulas and try different brands frequently, and then see how I can integrate that new product into my daily skin regiment without disturbing or hindering what the old products I have are already accomplishing. A few weeks ago, I bought Dr. Brandt's "pore effect" from his "pores no more" line. My pores are larger than average under my eyes and around my nose area. The product promises to tighten the pores so they look smaller but also control excess oil production: in order to do this the formula contains salicylic acid, tea tree oil and botanicals.

At first, like any new product, I started applying it constantly, which I realized after two-weeks, I don't need to do. Just once a day is fine, even though it states that you can use it am/pm, or both. I like to use it at night now, only. It has a smell that you get use to: I love products that smell like they are actually "working," other people tend to like products that are covered up or scent-free.

I like the way the cream is making my t-zone and under eye area look. My skin is softened a bit more and looks brighter and more youthful. I don't have oily skin as it is, so I don't know how the product would fair for those with oily skin. "Pore effect" also works as a great base to put my tinted moisturizer (Clinique) over in the morning. I'm going to try out some of the other products in the line and maybe even replace a few things I already use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...