Tuesday, November 2, 2010

French Press Step By Step

It's incredibly chilly out, so instead of heading to the Starbucks at the corner, I've decided to grind some coffee beans and take out my french press (which doesn't get a lot of use throughout the warmer seasons). After work, I plan on heading to the New York Public Library to pick up a book or two of short stories (Updike?) and maybe, The Emperor of All Maladies by Siddhartha Mukherjee, which sounds promising in its reviews. 


Last week my Russian best friend and I stopped by the YSL sample sale. You would have thought you were mistakenly at Petrossian Cafe having a 60% off all caviar sale, because the entire store was chock full o'Russians: there were ones from the island, others from Brooklyn, there were tall ones and small ones, even the Asian women were speaking Russian... this french-loving crowd was a funny sight. I digress... but this anecdote leads to my next point... 


I'm hunting down one last winter coat. And because of the sample sale, there aren't many bills left in my new YSL clutch. Let's hope Zara will carry it.











Today, my nails are Big Apple Red by OPI (it really is a fantastic color).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...