Monday, November 1, 2010

Haute Bumpkin

This weekend I was a country bumpkin, yet again. I flew the co-op on Friday night and hailed a cab to make my train. It was a gorgeous weekend in upstate New York, full of pumpkin carving and apple cider donuts. My boyfriend and I ate from the BBQ chicken and corn bread stand at a pumpkin farm in the freezing wind, but I didn't complain, as I was wearing my version of rural chic: hair in a loose chignon, a new Beretta scarf (Beretta - yes, the high-end gun manufacturer - makes fantastic basics, but more on this in the future), a pair of old Seven's jeans from my high school years, 70s black suede vintage boots, Michael Kors cape sweater, and Chanel lipstick in Mademoiselle. Later, we retired to the house, where we brewed coffee all afternoon and watched the Hound of the Baskervilles. 
Dried lavender centerpiece
out the window
Mine is on the right - fortune teller looking into her crystal ball

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...