Friday, October 22, 2010

Colonial Moment

When I went to Virginia two weeks ago, I had the chance to wander a Pre-Revolution era Colonial Estate. While walking through parlors lined with leather wallpaper and mantelpieces adorned by flintlocks and mirrors, I thought a lot about the parties and gatherings that must have occurred in the day. And a blue dress and petticoat spread out on top of a bed stirred my imagination. I wondered if the same girl that would wear that very blue dress, would also gush over Marc Jacob's decorous Fall collection for Vuitton, or whether she would have preferred a rebellious Alexander Wang. I thought about her stumbling into the maze at midnight with an admiring Patriot, perhaps, decked out in Michael Kors, and ever the gentleman, he'd offer her his camel peacoat. So much fun!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...